Whether stay for a weekend or a week, when it comes to packing for a Monterey Bay Getaway, there are some key “must haves” need to make your visit comfortable and fun! We polled our experts here at the Portola Hotel & Spa and came up with this easy to follow check list – to help make packing for your getaway easy peasy!
Getaway and Relax at the Portola Hotel & Spa
- A lightweight jacket or windbreaker – being on the coast, it’s always good to dress in layers and our morning and evenings can be on the cooler side.
- A cute puffy vest – ideal for walks or hikes along the waterside, it never hurts to pack one (and personally, I can’t live without it!).
- Running or athletic shoes – with so much to do here on the Monterey Peninsula, you’ll want to head outdoors to explore and take in the views – most importantly not have your feet ache!
- A workout outfit – hit the gym at the Portola or head out on the Coastal Recreation Trail by foot or bike (rentals on property with Adventures by the Sea).
- A swimsuit – make it a pool day here at the Portola, relax at beach or pack that swimsuit to wear under a wetsuit or waterproof gear for diving, stand up paddle boarding or kayaking.
- Casual dress or outfit – with three restaurants on property, choose Monterey’s original craft brewery, Peter B’s Brewpub, lunch or dinner at Jacks Monterey and of course the breakfast buffet in The Club Room.
- Sunglasses – no matter if the sun is shining or it’s a foggy day, sunglasses are an essential and of course as is looking super cool.
- Sunscreen – always a must, no matter the weather.
- Mermaid Hair, Don’t Care – pack a hat for early morning outings and of course to protect your eyes and face from sun and fog.
- Jeans & a t-shirt – make it an afternoon of wine tasting, exploring local museums and of course doing a little shopping, the Peninsula’s casual and cool vibe is perfect for showing off those fabulous new skinny jeans you just bought!
Your Must Haves for Your Monterey Bay Getaway