Small meetings can lead to big ideas, creating an atmosphere that promotes attendee focus, increases interaction and allows for more personalization from the facilitator. Smaller meetings tend to boost engagement through meaningful discussions and bonding between participants. At Portola Hotel & Spa, we offer a variety of meeting spaces and on-site venues ideal for small scale meetings and social functions. You can have it all, right in the heart of downtown Monterey. Create your own small meeting with one of our unique settings:
- The Portola Hotel offers nine meeting and banquet rooms catering to small meetings for up to 30 people with a variety of catering and event technology options
- The Executive Boardroom features an executive conference table and contemporary ergonomic chairs for up to 20 attendees; a “think tank” or breakout area and a private service kitchen where breaks and meals are conveniently placed for working meal functions
- The Club Room Patio is a great venue for a welcome reception and fireside chat for up to 40 guests, overlooking Custom House Plaza and the harbor
- The Private Dining Room is an elegant space, ideal for roundtable style meetings with meals or special occasions for up to 24 attendees for breakfast, lunch or dinner
- The Barrel Room inside Peter B’s Brewpub is a unique venue for casual dining and beer pairings for up to 16 people amidst the barrels and a view of Monterey’s first craft brewery
The Club Room -Private Dining Room
Portola Perks & Advantages
- Our waterside location is located in the heart of downtown Monterey, walking distance to world famous attractions, numerous neighborhood eateries, shops, museums, historic gardens and adobes.
- Amenities galore – the Portola features the full-service Spa on the Plaza ; plunge pool and Jacuzzi; a state of the art fitness center; business center, 1Gb of bandwidth and three on-site restaurants; including Peter B’s Brewpub, The Club Room and our new restaurant, Jacks Monterey, serves farm-to-table California cultural cuisine for lunch and dinner, daily.
Our Catering & Conference Services team provides the utmost care and attention to detail for even the smallest of meetings, including customizing creative menu options and signature beverages or creating Beer and Bocce events! The Portola creates a meeting experience that goes above and beyond the meeting room and we pride ourselves in helping you create experiences that will make you want to return for both business and leisure.