Mother’s Day is just a few short days away and with everyone’s hectic lives, finding the perfect gift might be hard to do. Sure there are the old standbys of flowers or a card, but what about something more to show mom just how much you care? Here are a few ideas that will take the pressure off you and make mom smile:
- Mom has taken care of you all your life, so why not take care of her? The Spa on the Plaza at the Portola Hotel & Spa has a wide variety of treatments, packages and specials to sooth and relax from straightforward massages to herbal wraps. Right now, they are offering a Mom’s Renewal and Mom’s Tropical Delight specials. Both include upgraded treatments along with discounted prices.
- If mom needs a moment of silence away from the kids (or the spouse) the Portola Hotel & Spa has several options that might fit her fancy. From whale watching and paddle boarding to wine and golf, you can give mom just what she wants while she relaxes in a nautically appointed guest room complete with an outdoor heated pool and Jacuzzi and a warm homemade chocolate chip cookie on arrival!
- The old adage goes, “the way to a person’s heart is through their stomach” and that could not be more true at Jacks Restaurant & Lounge; especially on Mother’s Day! Executive Chef Jason Giles has outdone himself with a classic Mother’s Day menu featuring Traditional Eggs Benedict, Cinnamon Swirl French Toast, Assorted Cheeses, Salads, Mimosas and more. Reservations are required, as is room for desert. Call (831) 649-7874.
- If you are far away from mom this Mother’s Day, why not give her a taste of Monterey? Monterey County is home to some of the world’s best food and drink and it goes without saying that Mom will love experiencing what you do.
- Lula’s Chocolates offer award-winning candy with a Peninsula twist.
- Scheid Vineyards has some of the best wine around and is locally owned and operated.
- Let your mom know you are eating your veggies with a box of Castroville Artichokes from Pezzini Farms
- Or, how about a selection of locally produced olive oil from Quail and Olive in Carmel ValleyWhatever you decide, know that the gift you give will be one wrapped in love. To all the moms and moms to be, have a Happy Mother’s Day!