With Halloween just a day away, the air is a buzz with ghoulish pranks, scary stories and a little extra BOO! Somewhat unassuming, it turns out Old Monterey is quite the place to get a little spooked.
From the old canneries on Cannery Row to the site of California’s first capital here in Monterey, there are many old tales and legends surrounding the ghostly history of Old Monterey. With ancient burial grounds, haunted mansions and ghostly gardens, you never know what old spirits may be wandering about.
The paranormal experts at Ghost Tours of Old Monterey lead a 90-minute trolley tour, bringing to “life” spooky tales and legends. On your tour you will visit locations of recent and historical ghost sightings, as well as the oldest church in California, Monterey’s historic cemetery and legendary adobes with a ghostly past.
Reservations are required and tours are best for children over the age of 6. Tours are held on Saturday nights, beginning at 8pm and make sure to dress warmly as you never know what old spirits may scare you with spine chilling haunts! Book tickets online
Looking for a little less fright and a bit more Halloween fun – here are some recommendations for some family fun too!
- 10/30/15 Pumpkin Pandemonium at Del Monte Center, 2:30pm-4:30pm
- 10/31/15 Trick or Trot 1K & 5K at the Monterey County Fair & Event Center, 9am-noon
- 10/31/15 Carmel by the Sea’s Halloween Parade on Ocean Avenue, 11am
- 10/31/15 Pacific Grove Museum of Natural History’s Science Saturdays: Spiders, 11am-3pm
- 10/31/15 Halloween on Lighthouse Trick or Treating, 2pm-5pm
For additional activities visit See Monterey’s Blog Monterey